Saturday, June 7, 2014

So much to Update... April - June 2014

June 2014

Janet Graduates!
Janet graduated from Hamline University with a Master of Arts in ESL.  This degree is generally a 2 year program (after 4 years at university, earning a Bachelor's degree) but Janet took it slowly -- 10 years!  Brennan was conceived, born and Janet and Bill both changed jobs, so the "slow and steady" route was the only way.  Now it's done (and maybe Ph.D. next???)

Gayle and me

Mark and me

Professor Feride Erku and me

Me and my mom

Gayle, Mark, myself, Mom and Lois






Prof. Erku

Professor and friend, Betsy Parrish

Professor, Kathryn Heinze






Janet's niece, Jennifer, Gets Married







Almost all of the (immediate) Jaszewskis -- my mom, the 10 children, and 25 of the 29 grandchildren (3 studying abroad in England, Scotland and Greece;  one at home)




Took my niece out shopping and for lunch the next day.  What a fun day!



Brenny home sick with strep throat.

He beat me at Clue!


Brenny with his new longboard, "Tiny"

Janet with ELL 2 class.  Last day of school.



May 2014

Charlotte sings in Choir Concert


Char Restores Office Chair

Before:

After:




April 2014

Bill Buys a Hot Tub









Beautiful Sunset
Easter at Gayle's




Brenny in box from Easter Bunny

Janet Takes Spa Weekend with Sisters
My sisters (Lois & Gayle) and I went up to Duluth, MN and Superior, WI for a little girls' spa get away weekend.  We had a magical time!

View from our hotel window



Doing "the pose"







Local brew pub.  Awesome!


It was so beautiful, despite the cold weather.


We drove up the shore and saw this vastness of the frozen great lake (Lake Superior).  Then we saw a huge iron ore ship cutting through it. We rushed back to Duluth to see it go beneath the lift bridge.  My sisters thought I was crazy, that it would take forever to get there, but we nearly missed it!













Ahhhh...relaxation!







March 2014

Trip up North
We had a great time in Nisswa, Minnesota over spring break.





















Brenny turns 10!!